We just found this song and can't stop listening to it... the Miss Rose Sister Violet office has been dancing around to this all day... and we're STILL not sick of it. It's so dreamy and pretty. We hope you enjoy it too.
Love Rose & Violet xxxxxxx
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Our little caravan is on the road again... this time visiting Perth! We'll be at the Craft & Quilt Fair over the next 5 days... creating exciting projects with customers, sharing all our new trims and finds, and holding free creative workshops daily. We're sure we'll have exciting stories to share after the weekend...
Love Rose & Violet xxxxxx
Posted by Rose and Violet at 3:50 PM
Lately Miss Rose Sister Violet has been a whirl wind circus of activity and craziness. So much to get started... and so much to get done... and amongst it all is the constant feeling that we're simply NOT getting anywhere fast enough. This is when we generally run and bury our heads in the welcoming necks of our darling dogs and cat, and the following words ring true.....
We could talk at length about how overwhelmingly overwhelmed we've been feeling. But just the other day, we stumbled upon some wonderful words on a blog we love to visit. Meet Me At Mikes is a fantastical 'Alice in Wonderland' of craft shops; a business created by the amazing Pip whose work, books, inspiration and creativity are a joyful feast for every creative soul. We love her blog, and found the following entry just this last week... the timing was perfect.
|Click here to view Pip's wonderful wise words!|
Thank you for sharing your heart and words Pip... it made our own hearts sigh...
Here's to laughing at expectations and being true to who you are. Following your heart and enjoying the journey... never allowing feelings of inadequacy to take hold and blind you to all that is beautiful and magical along your path.
Love Rose & Violet xxxxxx
Posted by Rose and Violet at 3:30 AM
Monday, May 14, 2012
Rose and Violet pulled on an apron for Mother's Day and baked some delicious sweet treats. We found a yummy recipe which apparently is a favourite of Victoria's Secret model (and health fanatic) Miranda Kerr.... and if she eats them we figure we can eat a whole tray full!!
We made our own cake stand using vintage tea cups stacked on top of each other, with a simple cream cake plate on top. And a doiley of course!
And then for something special we wrapped them up in a large white paper doiley with some pink bakers twine from Donna Hay and one of our pink forget-me-not flowers....
And here's the recipe!
Coconut Walnut Bars
2 1/2 cups walnuts (coarsely ground)
2 1/2 cups un-sweetened dried coconut (coarsely ground)
1/2 cup honey or agave
1/4 cup coconut oil (run container under warm water to melt coconut oil a little)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup toasted un-sweetened coconut (for topping)
1/4 cup toasted walnuts (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl or electric mixer combine all ingredients together well. Spray a rectangle baking pan (you can also use a round pie dish or several individual little baking dishes) with organic non-stick spray and evenly press the mixture into the pan.
3. Bake in the oven for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and you start to smell toasted coconut. Be careful not to burn. You may need to cover the pan with foil for the last few minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. When the bar is cool you can spread the warm chocolate glaze all over the top of the bar.
5. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and toasted walnuts. Regrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set the chocolate or serve immediately while the glaze is still warm. As a special dessert top the bar with your favourite frozen treat (like ice cream or rice dream) and a little of the chocolate glaze that has been warmed up and a few toasted walnuts and toasted coconut. Yum!!
This chocolate glaze is so good that you will probably want to double the recipe! It's great to dip fruit into and also makes a really nice warm topping for frozen treats.
1 cup un-sweetened coco powder
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons un-sweetened coconut milk.
1. Put the honey, coconut oil and coconut milk in a medium size pan on medium heat and cook continually stirring until it is melted and very warm, but not boiling.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in the coco powder and continue stirring until the mixture is well combined and silky smooth.
Love Rose & Violet
Posted by Rose and Violet at 10:58 PM
Monday, May 7, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Rose and Violet travelled to Hong Kong last week... where we had brilliant adventures and fell in love with all that the exotic Orient had to throw at us. The creativity and style and sparkle that can be found in Hong Kong breathes life and energy into the soul. Always alive, and always buzzing... this city is a treasure chest of wonder and excitement.
We explored down tiny streets... through crowded city squares... up and down narrow market alleys... and through steaming noodle kitchens.... and oh the fun we had!!
We found little vintage shops...
And beautiful florists....
... exciting fashion....
... and quirky boutique department stores!
We love you Hong Kong. Thank you for all the adventures.
See you again soon!
Love Rose & Violet xxxxxxxx
Posted by Rose and Violet at 10:52 PM